Everyone says they are different when in fact they are all the same.
We are not the same as everyone else. Let us explain why.
- We are not brokers or lenders and we do not offer advice. We are a journalistic site.
- We never take any of your details or store your personal information – not even an email address.
- We are not run by TV personalities or people more concerned with promoting their own brand.
- We don’t have any relationships, financial or otherwise, with any lender discussed on this site.
- We don’t use affiliate links which means we don’t get paid a referral commission when you click on a link.
- We are not part of a wider financial services organisation.
- We don’t have any paid staff apart from the owner – the rest are volunteers.
- We only get paid if you click on an ad that you may see around the site. If you don’t – we don’t get paid.
This independence gives us the freedom to write what we want, about who we want. You can read more about what we do on the ‘About this site‘ page.
We don’t offer advice. In simple terms, we discuss/review/dissect or simply chat about a product, service or company. All information that is in the public domain.
If you decide to go ahead and make a purchase through a link you clicked then good for you and we hope it works out well. If you don’t then that is also good because you may have read something we said which prevents you from making a purchase or using a service. Read here for how we get paid.
Either way, it makes no difference to us. In effect, we don’t do the bullshit that price comparison sites, money saving sites or loan brokers do.
We want you to have the right information at your fingertips so that you (and perhaps your authorised financial adviser) can make an informed decision about whether you purchase or go ahead with a course of action or not.